Protecting Commercial IoT
Easy, effective security for the connected world
Detect and Stop Threats in Commercial IoT Devices
With the rapid adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), society is moving towards an entirely interconnected world. Businesses can harness the data generated by so many connected devices to accelerate business transformation.
However, commercial IoT devices present very real security vulnerabilities. For example, Gartner estimates that more than 25% of cyber-attacks will involve IoT by 2020. The IoT devices for medical (IoMT) and industrial controls (IIoT), including facility automation, face the highest risk as most do not allow effective on-board security.
To overcome these security vulnerabilities, they need an easy, effective, and affordable way to secure IoT devices and stop the spread of threats into the rest of their environment.
ARIA Cybersecurity Solutions Protect Commercial IoT:
Detects and stops IoT threats automatically
Deploys transparently in the network, eliminating the need for Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solutions
Never disrupts existing applications
Only stops potential threats—not your critical communications
Commercial IoT Solutions
- Automatic identification and disruption of the most harmful threats – including ransomware, malware DDoS and intrusions – early in the kill chain
- Secure, monitor and enforce connectivity across all of your environment including sites, IoT devices, and Cloud.
- Leverage powerful AI and machine learning capabilities to surface only validated, actionable threat alerts.
- Monitor network traffic and create metadata for threat detection tools to improve visualization and threat detection
- Automate actions to disrupt threats as validated to mitigate impact
- Leverage API-driven programmatic control
- Record redirected network traffic streams, such as those from the ARIA SDS Packet Intelligence application
- Gain a forensic tool to automatically verify breaches and their impact on critical assets
Why Is Securing IoT Devices Challenging?
Increased Number of Endpoints to Monitor
More IoT devices means more endpoints, which increases the total number of attack vectors hackers can take advantage of
Many IoT Devices Can’t Accept EDR Security Applications
Most proprietary and legacy devices can’t accept add-on security applications
Intrusion Consequences are Even More Serious
Compromised devices can endanger a patient’s life or data tampering could result in critical infrastructure being taken offline
Eliminate IoT Vulnerabilities with Automated Detection and Containment
To solve this problem, CSPi developed the ARIA™ SDS Packet Intelligence application that allows IoT devices to be detected and monitored by looking through the network data as it flows from such devices.
The ARIA Packet Intelligence application classifies line-rate data in real time without impacting network or application performance. This allows for monitoring of various IoT devices in network aggregation points that are usually one step back in the wireline network. Finally, the Threat Reaper configuration of ARIA Packet Intelligence will proactively stop detected threat conversations without disabling legitimate communications from the device.
Contact Us to Speak to a Cybersecurity Expert!
Resources and Related Content
ARIA Cybersecurity Solutions, a CSPi business (NASDAQ: CSPi) announces its ARIA Zero Trust Gateway, a next-generation network security solution focused on automated 100G Network…
Myricom ARC-C TxO provides network intrusion protection and cyberattack prevention with a unidirectional network traffic gateway solution.
Achieves deployment of advanced cybersecurity applications leveraging the NVIDIA BlueField-2 DPU